Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Journey To The Lighthouse:Finding My Soul


My journey began one hundred and thirty years ago on February 11, 1878. I was born on February 18,1952, seventy-four years after this date. Edward M. Hermann came into this world on the eleventh of February, 1878. He was the last lighthouse keeper at Marblehead Lighthouse, Ohio. Our paths would one day cross, eventually taking me on the most incredible journey. When the journey was completed, I learned about a family, a lighthouse and a lighthouse keeper. And, in doing so I also found my soul, something I thought I had lost many, many years ago. Edward M. Hermann, the lighthouse keeper was my great uncle. This is his story. It is also my story. It is everyone's story. Come follow me-share in my discovery. It will become your story. History is one generation and one story away from extinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment